Friday, February 15, 2013

Make Your Own Tinted Moisturizer


I've been mixing up my own Tinted Moisturizer lately, and I gotta say its really great!

I like the way it looks --- more natural realistic than regular cream foundation.

Its super easy and has a couple nice perks.

Literally all you have to do is combine some makeup with lotion.



You can use cream or powder makeup.

I've personally find it easier to use cream. Its quicker, less messy, and I don't need as much makeup to achive the same level of coverage.

Why it's awesome:

  • It's one less thing to buy (assuming you have make up and lotion around)
  • I go through my make up much slower this way
  • You can use the type of make up you like, and the type of lotion you like
  • You can control the amount of coverage you would like

I have sensitive, breakout-prone skin, so I am able to use the brands that don't bother my skin to make my tinted moisturizer.

I can make my coverage less on good skin days, and heavier on not-so-good days. 
I can even alter it for specific locations on my face -- like I usually make the coverage pretty strong for under my eyes, but not so strong for the nose.
And if I have a blemish that day, I can just use the makeup straight to cover it and it's still the same tone as everything else!

This was such a great discovery for me!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Lydia, great tip! I also wanted to say that I've been perusing your blog for a couple of months now and I so appreciate your openness and honesty! I can relate to so much of what you say and what you've gone through! I really admire you!
    Here's my blog if you'd like to know a little more about me!
    http://www.rachelsnest.com

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...