Monday, November 26, 2012

Weigh-in #14 (Post-Turkey-and-Pie-Fest!)

Back home from our family visit and Thanksgiving.

(This year, Thanks-giving has been really meaningful -- 
after watching God move me through all that He has.)





And 
while I DID NOT make my goal before Thanksgiving.
(Close but no cigar!)
I just need to give a huge shout out to breastfeeding --
I mean, seriously, 
when can you eat 7 pieces of pie in an weekend, and not gain a pound?

Honestly,
I thought the answer to that question was 
NEVER!

But I have proved it possible.
Actually I proved possible that:
 eating 7 pieces of pie,
endlessly little-finger-sized-dessert snacking,
and eating till it hurts for basically every meal during a three day span
can all be cause for a 
I-have-the-same-amount-of-weight-to-lose-this-week-as-I-did-last-week
weight in.
All from the magic of breastfeeding!

Wow.
I'm pretty shocked
and 
well,
pleased.
:)

I was so ready to come home and tell you about how I now have gained 6 pounds on top of the one I have left to lose still.

*Ok, so I'm not condoning eating 7 pieces of pie in one weekend. Actually, aside from the tasting part, it was a rather uncomfortable experience, as I felt insanely full and sluggish all weekend long. And I probably looked like I was pregnant again, with a Turkey-and-Pie Baby, with my mommy-tummy stuck out from the eating bonanza. So it doesn't come highly recommended. But I just have to be honest.
That's what I did this weekend.

Anyway,
back in the game now.
Gotta get this last pound off.
(I'm going to be in seriously terrible pie withdrawal!! Eek!)

***
Oh and speaking of pie,
the dairy free version I made for Jasmine,
was great!
You would have never known it was any different from any other pumpkin pie out there.
I was impressed!
Jasmine, however, not so much.
lol.
(Kinda like I expected.)
She took one bite, squinted up her face, and didn't want any more of that!
Oh well,
I didn't mind.
I felt I fulfilled my mommy duties of providing the ability to eat Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie.
She basically lived off of mashed potatoes the whole weekend long.
My mother-in-law just beat some chicken stock into them instead of milk and butter. Genius! And delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...